Insight Investments has an immediate opening for a Senior SQL Developer. This is a full-time, direct-hire, permanent position.
This position will be primarily focused on backend Data Architecture, Database & BI Reporting Development. The position will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of multi-functional, multi-platform application systems with a focus on delivering efficient, reliable, scalable, and high performing solutions. The position will partner with various IT and Business Teams both within the Company and externally to identify and deliver data driven solutions.
- Hands-on development leader focused on data and process automation including Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence.
- Architects, builds, and provides technical supports for Enterprise-Wide Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, and Operational Databases.
- Creates stored procedures, SSIS packages, and other ETL processes to import/translate/manipulate/export data.
- Works with multiple data sources to create a unified solution that implements business rules and supports their analytical needs.
- Focuses on reuse, scalability, resilience, and a balance of performance vs cost benefit for solutions delivered.
- Analyzes potential data quality issues and creates effective mitigation solutions.
- Optimizes processes involving large data sets to improve performance.
- Quickly understand business needs and translate these needs into technical solutions.
- Recognizes and implements automation opportunities.
- Proactively solicits, analyzes, and negotiates customer requirements and works with Business Areas, BAs, PMs, and Management to architect, build, and deliver technology solutions.
- Understands and keeps up to date on common network protocols, security standards, system admin and application development practices and trends.
- Champions implementation of standard practices to increase design and implementation efficiency across Development Teams.
- Educates team members and others on capabilities and constraints of technology platforms.
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to interact with internal IT, third party vendors, and business partners.